Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Facebook Addiction

I am addicted to facebook. I can sit for hours looking through wall posts, pictures of my friends and people in my network without ever being bored. I love tagging myself in pictures taken at parties over the weekend and the night before, while writing messages to friends I haven't seen in a while.
Facebook is probably the must distracting invention ever created for someone like me in college. I wonder how long assignments would really take me to complete if I wasn't constantly on facebook. I would guess that I probably spend double the time I normally would. And even though I know all of this ,I still can't stop from going on, and I am sure you can't either. I know I am not the only one feeling this way! I know that most everyone has felt the same way I do last year in High school, and now in college. 
There is just something about facebook that makes you want to check it whenever your're at the computer to see if you have any new messages. It must be the combination of hating to do my work and wishing I was doing anything else other than studying. Maybe if i enjoyed the topics more in some of my classes, I would not go on facebook as much.
I am going to try and make a conscious effort to avoid going online, whenever I have homework and important assignments that are due. I am thinking it will be like an experiment to see how much better my grades will be and how much faster I will be able to complete them. I'm sure ill end up breaking my new rule, but at least I'm attempting to try!

1 comment:

Genesis said...

Haha. This is so true. Although the situation you're in now was more my situation in high school. It seems easier for me now to avoid the neverending spiral of peoples pages for some reason. It might have to do with the type of homework given in college vs. in high school. In high school if I had long tedious tasks like writing a paper or doing one long assignment of some sort for a single subject, I would get on facebook to procrastinate but if I had homework that was quick and easy it wasn't such a bad problem. One thing that didn't help was the fast that I did homework right at my computer vs. somewhere else in the room. Now in my dorm room, I can sit on my bed a few feet away from the computer and am not easily distracted by it because I'm not directly facing it. You might wanna try that if you feel like it would help. Also sounds the computer makes beckon one to it, so it also helps me to mute the computer.